2024 COVERS

Lawless In Leather
Winterfall Destiny
Mated to the sapphic orc
Fae's Fate
Broken: A Romantic Science Fiction Eco Adventure
Wolf's Prize
Knightqueen
Wicked Ways
Unbreak My Heart
Curiosity Killed the Vampire
From Across the Sea
Angel In Armani
Edge of Night
The Witch's Tangle
Three Vampires And A Baby
Banshee, Death and Disarray: Holly Harrow: A Point Muse Cozy Paranormal Mystery
Damaris: A Scifi Alien Romance
The Shattered Court
Moon Blessed
Falling for Mr. Fake It

2024 covers

Welcome to the Dark Side!

We are writers mainly from Australia and New Zealand who write speculative fiction with romantic elements. Be it fantasy, paranormal, dark urban fantasy, futuristic and everything in between.

Monday 26 August 2024

DarkSider News: Pre-Orders & Covers - August 2024!

  



“There’s nothing wrong with reading a book you love over and over. 
When you do, the words get inside you, become a part of you, in a way that words
in a book you’ve read only once can’t.”
— Gail Carson Levine




PRE-ORDERS



Blood Kin
M.J. Scott
Book 2, The Half-Light City
Expected re-release: 27 August



Dive into this darkly intense and steamy romantasy series from RITA® Award nominated author M.J. Scott…

In a city where clashing magic and turbulent alliances strain a tenuous peace, life has always been treacherous. But for someone like me, a half-Fae disowned by her father, living a secret life as a thief and a spy to survive, it’s become more dangerous than ever.

My father’s only gift to me was magic, a knack for charms and glamours that make me one of the best at stealing the secrets the city wants to keep hidden. But as the Blood Lords and Beast Kind of the Night World begin to seethe with hints of rebellion, they guard those secrets more closely than ever, pushing my skills to the limit and sending me tumbling into the path of Guy DuCaine—literal white knight—a Templar warrior whose honor is his life.

The sparks of suspicion between us ignite into something far more dangerous when we are forced to work together to uncover the key to a conspiracy that could bring down the city. It’s an unlikely alliance and only a fool would let herself believe that it could last.

I know a holy knight could never love a spy who dances with darkness and that he will always choose his duty over someone like me. But to save a city, I might just have to sacrifice my heart…







Iron Kin
M.J. Scott
Book 3, The Half-Light City
Expected re-release: 24 September


Dive into this darkly intense and steamy romantasy series from RITA® Award nominated author M.J. Scott…

In a city of enchantment and perilous alliances, the divide between Fae, humans, vampire Blood Lords, and shape-shifting Beast Kind grows deeper by the day. As a metalmage, my family want me to stay safe and do as I'm told. To be a good girl. But a perfect reputation is meaningless when peace is hanging by a thread.

The humans are grasping any advantage to help them prevent a war. Like the visions of the future that Fen, a half-Fae seer can show them. But to Fen, his power is torture, wild and uncontrolled. Dangerous enough that he wears iron—deadly to Fae—to quell his magic and save his sanity. Until the night we meet and discover that somehow, my magic calms his. Which might just save us all.

Fen is as wild at heart as his power. Untameable. Unpredictable. Not a man a good girl should want anything to do with. But to help him—and my city—I have to touch him. And every touch makes me burn hotter than the magic I wield.
I know I need to keep my head and guard my heart but playing safe won’t stop a war. And as the city begins to shatter, survival might mean giving up the future I think Fen and I could share…









Fire Kin
M.J. Scott
Book 4, The Half-Light City
Expected re-release: 23 October


Get ready to be swept away by this darkly intense and steamy romantasy series from RITA® Award nominated author M.J. Scott…

In a city preparing for war, I've chosen a side. When my kind—the Fae—retreated, I remained behind with the humans, knowing they’d need my talent for healing as they try to defeat the Night World.

The humans are desperate, outnumbered by the Blood and the Beast Kind. But I never expected them to seek aid from the one man I’ve tried everything to forget. Asharic is Fae like me and once my heart was his. Until he was exiled by the Queen whose death has splintered the city’s peace and whose empty throne is dividing the Fae. Now he’s coming home with his mercenary army to fight a battle I’m not sure we can win.

I tell myself he means nothing to me now, but Ash’s power is fire, and he still makes me burn with just a look. I'm not the only one thrown off balance by his return. The vast magic he commands threatens more than just the Night World and there are those who would sacrifice the city to take him down. As old enemies move against him and the Blood push for conquest, navigating past hurts and new alliances seems impossible.

To stand against the dark, I need to embrace the fire, and hope it doesn’t leave me with nothing but ashes…

Fire Kin is the fourth and final book in the Half-Light series.









Live to Tell
Book 5, Thornwood Academy
LJ Swallow
Expected Release: 28 August





Thornwood Academy’s darkling detective is back for more as she continues to investigate the truth behind Madison's death and pursues those plotting against the supernatural council.

Dance With Death is the fifth book in a new YA supernatural academy series from LJ Swallow,author of the Nightworld Academy books.

The Thornwood Academy series features a girl who isn't afraid to use her dark side, a magic school where humans mix with vampires and witches, and the three guys who she’d like to stay alive.

Other books in the series must be read first.


Pre-Order




Winterfall Secrets
Book 11, Nightworld Academy
LJ Swallow
Expected Release: 1 May 2025


Winterfall Secrets is the fifth book in the Nightworld Academy: Winterfall series. Other books in the series must be read first.

The Winterfall series is a 'life after academy' series featuring all the characters from the original Nightworld Academy series.

More details soon!







Trials of Dusk and Dreams
Book 2, Fae Devils
Lana Pecherczyk
Expected Release: 31 August


Nothing is as it seems in the Court of Dreams, least of all the Nightmares. 

Castle of Nevers and Nightmares is a slow-burn, spicy “why choose” dystopian-fantasy romance novel where the underdog heroine finds her inner power, the tension is hot, and the world-building is full of intrigue. It’s the first in the Fae Devils series, a Fae Guardians spinoff. Reading the Fae Guardians is unnecessary to enjoy this story, but it can enhance your reading experience as these characters have a past. It is recommended for mature readers due to language, violence, horror, and explicit sexual and dark situations. 


Pre-Order








Non Spec-Fic


Wongan Creek Series
Books 1-3, Wongan Creek Series
Juanita Kees
Expected re-release: September
new covers & new release

Whispers
Book 1

Second chances unearth long–buried secrets ...

Travis Bailey has his hands full managing his canola farm while taking care of his orphaned niece and his elderly neighbour who is battling the onset of Alzheimers. He doesn't have time to fall in love.

Social worker, Heather Penney, knows what it's like to care for someone with a debilitating illness. She lost her mother to Motor Neurone Disease. Initial blood tests show she might carry the same gene so her future isn't guaranteed. Travis and Casey are fast winning her heart, but the small gold mining town of Wongan Creek holds sad and dangerous secrets. Travis' twin sister drowned under suspicious circumstances and the town bully he suspects of her murder has turned his attentions to Heather.

(Previously titled Whispers at Wongan Creek)

Pre-Order



Secrets
Book 2

Still waters run deep between old friends …

Harley Baker stands to lose everything when spray drift from his neighbour's toxic herbicides destroys his crop. But arguments are tricky when it comes to Tameka Chalmers. Financial ruin is only a small part of the nightmare that keeps him away from the woman he's always loved.

Tameka Chalmers knows that her father's farming methods are outdated, inefficient, and even dangerous. There's so much she would like to do differently, but her father's rule is absolute, and she must do as she's told or be prepared for the consequences.

When Harley confronts her about the damage to his crop, the interaction triggers an unexpected chain reaction that throws everything she's ever known into question. As long buried secrets rise to the surface, everything they believed to be true will be challenged. Can they rise from the ashes of lies and betrayal when each step they take brings danger closer to their door?

(Previously titled Secrets at Wongan Creek)

Pre-Order


Shadows
Book 3


When the shadows of the past gather, trouble isn't far behind ...

Fenella Rose-Waterman is happy running The Cranky Lizard winery until a broken relationship lifts the lid on the Pandora's Box of her past. After years of repressed memories haunting her dreams, she is forced to face the truth to find justice. But with truth comes a danger that puts everyone she loves at risk.

Kieran Murphy left Wongan Creek a newlywed and returned a widower. He believes he and his young son will find healing in the town that healed him once before. Instead, he finds the woman he once loved running scared, her life in turmoil and her business under threat.

As the shadows of the past gather on the horizon, will they lose their chance of happiness, or will they find healing together?

(Previously titled Shadows over Wongan Creek)

Pre-Order









Contracted
Mel Teshco
Book 4, Gangsters at War
Expected Release: 31 August


He’s a merciless killer who gets what he wants. He can have me…for a price

Delilah
When my widowed stepmother kicked me out on the streets when I was sixteen, I was too proud to ask for help from any of my friends. Hunger left me with no choice but to accept money for sex so that I might survive. Four years later I’m not only surviving, I’m thriving. Asked to attend a private party at the Agostinos, a notorious mafia family who are as ruthless and cruel as they are filthy rich and generous, I can’t say no. Then my gaze meets the cold eyes of Serafino, and I’m lost even before he decides he wants all of me…body, mind and soul.

Serafino
I’m known as a cold-hearted killer without a conscience, the bad boy of the Agostino mafia. That says a lot considering my brothers can be as ruthless as my father had once been, and he’d been a sick and twisted bastard of the highest order. Nonetheless, I have a reputation to uphold. People are afraid of me for good reason. What would they think though if they discovered the call girl who arrived to service the Agostino brothers is the one woman I want all to myself—a woman I would kill to protect—until I’m left with no choice but to kill her myself.







Reformed
Mel Teshco
Book 5, Gangsters at War
Expected Release: 15 January 2015


One mafia madman. One plain-Jane Introvert.

Alessandro
I’m not known for my long-term relationships, in fact, some might say I have commitment issues. Not that I care. I do what I want, when I want. I live my life by my own rules. Then I see sweet, homey little Jane. She reminds me of a buttercup, so fresh and innocent. So different from the women I normally go for.
Perhaps that is why I have to have her. Not that she’ll ever reform my bad boy ways.

Jane
That’s my real name. I’m a true wallflower, invisible to people. Then my biggest male fantasy-come-to-life steps into my vintage shop and I wish more than ever I was sexy and confident. When he asks me out on a date, I’m so dumfounded I can’t say no. Not that I ever expected one date to lead to another. What I should have expected is my growing feelings for him…until I find out he’s a mobster. I have to leave, but he’s not about to let me go.
He wants the plain Jane, but I don’t belong in his world. Fine. He can have me, once I’ve transformed myself.
Watch out world…watch out Alessandro..






Unresolved
Mel Teshco
Book 6, Gangsters at War
Expected Release: 30 April 2025


I was his first love. And now he's found me.

Evander
I never got over losing Gemma. I'm still putting together the shattered pieces of my heart after she walked away from me, as though I meant nothing to her, as though I'd never even existed. It didn't stop me from searching for her, and now I've finally found her I don't intend to ever let her go again. She is mine. A shame a war breaking out between rival mafia families threatens to take her away from me yet again.

Gemma
He doesn't try to pretend I didn't hurt him when I left without even saying goodbye. Perhaps that is why he doesn't care if he hurts me in return by taking away my freedom. He's keeping me hostage in his cabin by a lake in what looks like the middle of nowhere. But if it almost killed me being with him the first time, how can I survive a second time?







Scorpion
Mel Teshco
Book 1, Sons of the Sheikh
Expected Release: 31 October


His sting is as lethal as his charm.

Sheikh Aziz Hadi might be a player who knows how to charm the panties off women, but that means very little when the one woman he wants—Zamira Fasih—is also the one woman he can’t have. She’s the daughter of a sheikh from a neighboring country bordering his province. That they’re at war means there is no way he can talk to her, let alone date her. Then he sees her at the markets and he can’t deny the impulse to take what—who—he wants.

Zamira Fasih is not interested in Aziz, at least that’s what she tells herself. He and his family sided with an enemy of her father’s and now her people are paying the ultimate price. The Hadi family are scum, and Aziz is the worst of them. He’s not worthy of her attention, if only she’d stop damn well thinking about him! Then he kidnaps her and expects her to like him—but he’d better think again!
She is promised to another man who will help end the war and the death of her people, and nothing will change her mind. Not even the famous charm Aziz is renowned for.


The above four covers are by Eleni Konstantine's alter ego, HelzKat Designs.






An Augathella Masquerade Ball
Annie Seaton
Book 7, Augathella Short and Sweet
Expected Release: 27 September


Alice Templeton loves her job as a youth worker, making a difference in the lives of troubled kids. But behind her love for her career lies an unfulfilled dream: to find love, get married, and build a family. Growing up in the small town of Augathella, she watched all the good catches leave after high school, leaving her prospects dim.

Enter Billy Burke, a rugged stockman with a stubborn streak and a heart guarded by past hurts. When his stepson starts running wild, it’s Alice who steps in, determined to set things right. But Billy isn’t keen on anyone telling him how to handle his family, especially not a feisty youth worker who seems to challenge his every move.

As sparks fly and tempers flare, Alice and Billy find themselves at a crossroads. She’s driven by a fierce commitment to her work and her longing for a family. He’s determined to do whatever it takes to keep his stepson by his side, even if it means clashing with Alice.

Can two strong-willed souls find common ground and a chance at love? Or will the walls they've built around their hearts keep them from the happiness they both crave?

Pre-Order





COVERS



Courting the Witch
M.J. Scott
novella, The Four Arts
now has a new cover to match the rest of the series


Desire or duty…which will woo a witch?







Sorrow's Song
Keri Arthur
Book 10, Lizzie Grace
hardcover version







Blackbird Rising
Keri Arthur
Book 1, The Witch King's Crown
special book signing only hardcover version








Bindarra Creek Bundles vol 1 & 2
Suzanne Gilchrist
have new covers!


 


Six sweet, small town romances over two volumes.

Get a copy





Claimed by the Orc
L.A. Monteiro
Seasonal Spice
Expected Release: 10 November








Take
Anna Hackett
Book 4, Fury Brothers
Expected Release: 5 September







Vampire's in the Details
Ava Silvers
Book 6, Creatures of the Midwest
Expected Release: TBA





~~

Congratulations to our DarkSiders! 

Happy Reading everyone. Be safe & well. 


Next on the DarkSider News: Events!



No comments:

Post a Comment

check out all our books on our dsdu-books shelf:
DarkSide DownUnder's book lists (dsdu-books shelf)