2024 COVERS

Lawless In Leather
Winterfall Destiny
Mated to the sapphic orc
Fae's Fate
Broken: A Romantic Science Fiction Eco Adventure
Wolf's Prize
Knightqueen
Wicked Ways
Unbreak My Heart
Curiosity Killed the Vampire
From Across the Sea
Angel In Armani
Edge of Night
The Witch's Tangle
Three Vampires And A Baby
Banshee, Death and Disarray: Holly Harrow: A Point Muse Cozy Paranormal Mystery
Damaris: A Scifi Alien Romance
The Shattered Court
Moon Blessed
Falling for Mr. Fake It

2024 covers

Welcome to the Dark Side!

We are writers mainly from Australia and New Zealand who write speculative fiction with romantic elements. Be it fantasy, paranormal, dark urban fantasy, futuristic and everything in between.

Monday 12 August 2024

DarkSider News: New Releases & Sales - August 2024!

    

This is part 1 of 2 New Releases & Sales posts

"It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as 
many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish.
S.I. Hayakawa




NEW RELEASES




Fates Cursed
Book 5, Gods Cursed
Leisl Leighton
Released: 17 July


To save the child she loves, she must sacrifice her soul …

Ilia Silvia suspects the Fates hate her – they’d cursed her, after all, with a life of suffering and sacrifice. When Dawn Stevens, the baby she would give her life for, starts suffering nightmares – nightmares only Ilia can take from her – she knows it’s true. For the nightmare-thing is now inside her and getting more powerful, and with her new magics still mostly on the fritz, she can’t stop it. She can’t even tell her soulmate, Trip, or her new family, because the danger would attach itself to them.

Trip is worried about his soulmate, Ilia, and their lack of knowledge about her new powers. When prophecies are spoken about the battle ahead, it becomes apparent what Ilia has been doing – absorbing a nightmare power which will kill her if he does not figure out a way to help her. Yet, stubborn Ilia does not want to drag him down with her. However, given he cannot die, a life without her would be eternal torment with no release. So he must convince her they are stronger if they fight this thing together.

But it seems that she’s right about one thing: the Fates don’t just hate her – they want her dead! Against these odds, how are a failed witch and an ancient God on the run supposed to save the child and survive to win their happy ever after forever more?

If you love stories with magic, beta heroes, witches, second chance romance, curses and meddling gods and goddesses all wrapped up with a sexy HEA, then Fates Cursed is the story for you. Discover the magic of the Gods Cursed Series and download your copy today.





Only the Mages box set
L.A. Monteiro
Season Spice
Released: 8 July



An alpha, a bad boy and a living pet vine - meet the new neighbours

Now in one volume, the full story of Cassia, Lincoln and Brad, and the living vine Irene.
Cassia’s a witch trying to make her own way in the world - she doesn’t need a coven, and she’s sworn off men for good. But when two sexy mage brothers move in next door, she finds it hard to stay away. She soon finds herself captured by their living pet vine Irene, who thinks the boys are lonely, and Cassia is the answer.

Lincoln and Brad are still grieving the mother who adopted them both, in their own ways. Brad is escaping into booze and bar fights, while Lincoln is determined to find out more about their mother’s death. Could the witch next door be an answer for them both? And how is she linked to the orcs who arrived through a portal only a few years ago?

This spicy MFM romance involves bondage, mind melding, and instalust. These can be read as an entry point into the Seasonal Spice series.






Taken By Aries
L.A. Monteiro
Book 1, Zodiac Monster Romance
Released: 10 August


She thinks she's seen it all. He's about to prove her wrong.

As a stripper, I know how trashy men can truly be, and since my ex ran off with my savings, I’ve sworn off the entire gender. So why not sell my virginity for enough money to set me up for life? It’s only one night, and I’m ready for anything… except maybe him.

Taken by Aries is a short, spicy instalust monster romance featuring a cabin in the woods, an MMFM scene and a cheeky as hell, arrogant satyr. It can be read as a standalone.

Buy 
(Amazon US. Will put Aus link when available.)








Point Muse Cozy Mystery Box Set
Books 1-8, Point Muse Cozy Mysteries
Kelly Ethan
Released: 1 July in ebook format


There's a murder or two in Point Muse, killers stalking victims and a nosy librarian turned sleuth. Let the mayhem begin.

Xandie Meyers thought all her troubles were over when she moved to Point Muse. Instead, she inherited a supernatural library and a snarky talking cat. In the complete series, books 1-8 of Point Muse Cozy Paranormal Mystery Series, join Xandie and her family of chaos-causing and mayhem-loving witches as they dodge furry law enforcement while solving mysteries and murder.

If you like snarky dialogue, murder and a touch of mayhem, then you’ll love Kelly Ethan’s cozy paranormal mystery series.

This complete boxed set includes books 1-8 in the completed Point Muse Cozy Paranormal Mystery series:

Book 1: The Killer Knight and the Murderous Chairleg
Book 2: The Dastardly Dragon Killer and the Poison Breath
Book 3: The Murderous Monster and the Stony Gaze
Book 4: The Cursed Crow and the Deadly Hex
Book 5: The Slanderous Siren and the Grievous Gift
Book 6: The Vengeful Villain and the Cursed Treasure
Book 7: The Fiendish Foe and the Deadly Jewels
Book 8: The Nefarious Nemesis and the Wedding Jinx

Unlock the Mayhem now!


Shadow's End
Book 12, Lizzie Grace
Keri Arthur
Released: 22 July


Two ancient vampires and a centuries-long war. Their final battlefield? The Faelan Werewolf reservation...

With a wedding to plan and a future mother-in-law who hates her, the last thing Lizzie Grace needs is two psycho vampires rampaging through Castle Rock.

But as their battle draws ever closer to her circle of friends, Lizzie finds herself unwillingly drawn deeper and deeper into their conflict.

Then one vampire does the unthinkable, and Lizzie goes to war. 

Can she save everyone she loves and finally get her happy ending with Aiden?

Or will darkness forever claim the reservation and consume them all?

(get 20% discount. code on site.)




Their Pretty Little Monster
Book 1, Monsters Night
Mila Young 
Released: 24 July


In their arms, danger becomes desire.

Every year, monsters demand their offerings—women like me. This year, I thought I escaped. I thought I was safe. Then he arrived.

The Viscount.

Dangerous, ruthless, he declares me a late offering.

Swept into the deadly realm of the Shadowfen, I realize I’m not here by chance.

They want to rule, and I’m their key. My reality crumbles, and as much as we act like enemies, they refuse to let me go. Their touch ignites a fire I can’t resist, fueling desires I never expected.

They call me their little monster.

Maybe they’re right.

Because when everything is stripped away, a fiercer side of me no one expected emerges—not even me.

You see, in the shadows, temptation and peril collide.

So, ready or not, the monster within is about to be unleashed… and these three Shadowfen are eager to claim their prize in the Monster Bride Trials.

Me…

Their Pretty Little Monster is a standalone paranormal romance with darker themes, enemies to lovers, a sassy heroine who comes into her own power, and three stubborn Alphas who are making her theirs.






Shadows and Wolves complete collection
Mila Young
Books 1-3, Shadowlands Sector
Release: July



Three sexy Alphas want to claim me, but will they be able to tame the monster inside me?

To survive, I had to pretend to be something I’m not—normal.

Only someone strong enough to fight the darkness inside me and savage enough to stay will be able to tame my beast.

The Ash pack Alphas claim I’m their fated mate and promise to help me, but these three ruthless wolf shifters are strong, powerful, and fiercely possessive.

Being submissive to them might be impossible, but I can’t deny how their touch ignites a fire within me, how I burn to be with them in every way possible.

But will they still want me when they find out the truth of what I really am?

Shadows & Wolves is the complete collection of the Shadowlands Sector books.
• Shadowlands Sector, One
• Shadowlands Sector, Two
• Shadowlands Sector, Three

This series is set in the same Savage Sector (Her Forbidden Protector) world.

HARDBACK COLLECTION INCLUDES:
Gold Foiled Covers
Metallic Red Edging
Interior Color Artwork
Full Colored and Gold Foiled Bookmark
Mila Young Postcard and Stickers
Signed by Mila Young in Australia. Signed bookplate internationally.







Fae's Fate
Helen Walton
Book 7, Summer Court, 
Fated Mates of the Fae Royals
Alternate paperback cover


Fate will either bring them together, or utterly devastate them...

Ciara

I'm touched by darkness. My powers are proof of that.

But someday, I'll find my fated mate and he'll love me as I am. Until then, my best friend Malachi offers me the balance I need. He's my light in the dark.

Too bad none of that will matter if we can't cure the Fae's dying Spring of Life.

In fact, if we fail, nothing will ever matter again...

Malachi

I've loved Princess Ciara for as long as I can remember. She's...everything to me.

Which means there's no way I'd let her leave the Fae Kingdom without me. I'll protect her and be by her side for as long as she needs me. We will find a cure for the spring. And when she finds her mate, I'll have to let her go.

No matter the consequences to my heart...

Fae's Fate, book 7 in the Summer Court series, is an emotional, friends to lovers, spicy fantasy romance (romantasy) full of adventure, suspense, and portal magic. It can be read as a standalone, and a happily ever after ending is guaranteed. Download today and fall into supernatural escapism with Ciara and Malachi.

Amazon | B&N |






Fae's Love
Helen Walton
Book 8, Summer Court, 
Fated Mates of the Fae Royals
Released: 23 July



Fate would never match a mortal with a Fae Princess. Or so they thought…
 
Roisin
Our immortality is no longer under threat, but we still need to heal Earth. Not even my own people think I know enough to help.
 
They’re wrong.
 
I saw an opportunity to fix things and I took it. Getting sucked into a portal to a dangerous realm was not part of my plan. Neither was dragging the handsome Fellowship member who makes me want things I can never have along with me.
 
But that’s exactly what happened…
 

Brandon
My entire life has been devoted to guarding the Fae.
 
To guarding her.
 
Princess Roisin is beautiful. Smart. She intrigues me like no other, yet she avoids me at every turn.
 
Until now.
 
Every minute we’re stranded together in this icy kingdom makes me love her more. Our connection almost seems…magical, though I know I’m not her fated mate.
 
But none of that will matter if I can’t get her home before this world kills us…

Fae’s Love, book 8 the final book in the Summer Court series, is an emotional, forced proximity, forbidden love, spicy fantasy romance (romantasy) full of adventure, suspense, and portal magic. It can be read as a standalone, and a happily ever after ending is guaranteed. Download today and discover the end to this epic series.




Alternate paperback cover









Shadow Kin
M.J. Scott
Book 1, The Half-Light City
Re-released: 30 July


Dive into this darkly intense and steamy romantasy series from RITA® Award nominated author M.J. Scott…

In a city of magic and ancient enmities where the Fae and the human mages stand against the Night World of Blood Lords and Beast Kind, I am the Night World’s most feared weapon. A wraith who can walk unseen in the night. The perfect assassin.

Rejected as soulless by my Fae mother, I was taken by a Blood Lord and raised to be his deadliest blade. He turned me into a weapon honed for one purpose, keeping me chained to the shadows by a need only he can fulfil.

Now my master is growing bolder. He wants to bring down the treaty that holds the city together. So he orders me to kill a human man. Simon DuCaine. But he doesn't tell me that Simon DuCaine, a man who wields the very light that leaves me powerless. Leaving me his captive. In his place, most men would kill me, but Simon is a man sworn to peace and he sees something in me no one else ever has.

But to take a chance at freedom, to leave the darkness and believe that the sun could love a shadow, I have to trust him as I’ve never trusted anyone. And hope that his actions don’t tip the city into war…

Shadow Kin is the first book in the Half-Light series, a dark and steamy romantic fantasy series from RITA® Award nominated author M.J. Scott. It's an intense enemies-to-lovers romance between a vampire lord's chief assassin and a human sunmage in a dangerously intriguing world. If you love worlds with vampires, shapeshifters, Fae and human magic, intrigue and action, a la Sarah J Maas, then this is your next binge-worthy series!

Author's note: This series is complete but in the process of being re-released (all books will be available again by the end of October 2024). For tropes and CW, please check the author's website.





The Four Arts Series
M.J. Scott
Books 1-3, The Four Arts
Released: 6 August



Dive into this boxset collection of the Four Arts trilogy, a complete intense and swoony romantasy series from author M.J. Scott.


The Shattered Court (Book 1) – For a royal witch, magic always means marriage…whether she likes it or not

Lady Sophia Kendall has always known three things. That she's thirty-second in line to the throne of Anglion. That when she turns twenty-one, she'll find out if she's a royal witch. And that, if she is a witch, she'll be married off immediately. But when the palace is attacked just before her birthday, Sophia is spirited away by Lieutenant Cameron Mackenzie, a royal guard determined to keep her safe. When Sophie discovers she does indeed have magic, she and Cameron accidentally forge a bond that breaks every tradition Anglion holds dear. To survive, she'll have to see beyond the lies she's been taught and embrace the power nobody wants her to have…


The Forbidden Heir (Book 2) – She ran to save her life. Now what . . .

Lady Sophia Mackenzie has left almost everything behind. Her country. Her family. Her trust in the queen she suspects tried to kill her. All she has left is her own fledgling magic and her new husband, Cameron. But having fled Anglion to stay alive, she now has to learn how to face the dangers and temptations of Illvya, a land where the magic they practice is everything she’s been raised to fear.


The Unbound Queen (Book 3) – She’s been offered a crown but taking it could cost her everything…

Lady Sophie Mackenzie might be fifth in line to the Anglion throne but she never wanted to rule. But she's bound to a demon, gifted with forbidden magic, and under threat from those who would use her unusual power for themselves. And now her hopes of finding peace in exile have been shattered by visions of a terrible darkness gnawing at the heart of her homeland.

This box set is a bundle of the Four Arts romantasy series. If you like your fantasy with swoony romance, political intrigue, and some sexy times, enjoy!








Wolf Bite
Book 8, Outcast Pack
TJ Nichols
Released: 1 August


After four years of living in Darwin, George Franklin is back in Melbourne, and everything has changed. There is now a pack of gay wolf shifters with their own territory, something that would have been unimaginable when he left. His own family pack is expecting him to move home and run with them…and he definitely doesn’t want to do that. The last thing he wants, though, is to fall for his best friend’s older brother—again.

Pack and family come first. Evan Steele knows that, and because of it, he lived a lie for years. He did things he regrets on the pack leader’s orders. Now, he’s put as much distance as he can between his past and his present. To humans, he is successful and confident.

But he hates shifting. He hates running on four feet.

When his past turns up at his door in the form of an anonymous hook-up, Evan’s lies come unstuck, and he’ll have to choose between putting himself first or obeying the pack who will hate him if they knew the truth.

This is the final book in the mm wolf shifter Outcast Pack series.



Audiobook

Narrated by Casey McLeod
Running time: 6.3 hours




The Witch's Curse
Debbie Johansson
Prequel, Marsden Hall
Released: July 
Previously available only to newsletter subscribers


Their crimes are her revenge…

After the death of her husband, Abigail Muller yearns for a peaceful life. The community, led by the lecherous Pastor Thomas, believe she is in the thrall of the devil.

Will her protestations save her life, or will the community be cursed forever?

A short story, this is the prequel to the Marsden Hall novella series. Warning: Includes scenes that may disturb some readers.

Buy





An Alien Mate for Christmas
Melody Beckett
Released: 23 July


He's one unexpected alien with two special presents... just for me.

Taking a shortcut through a stone circle after my car breaks down one Christmas Eve seems like a great idea. But instead of making it safely home, I collapse in the snow and black out.

The last thing I expect to wake up to is a giant, purple, and very naked alien man holding me in his arms. And... sniffing me?

He's stuck here for the night, so I do the intergalactic neighborly thing and open my home to him. I didn't expect to fall into his arms again after he decorates my Christmas tree, but it feels like my stocking's been extra stuffed when he reveals he's brought me not one, but two special packages to enjoy.

Earth isn't safe for him, though, and after tonight, he has to leave.

There's only one problem—he's my mate and I don't want to let him go.

An Alien Mate For Christmas is a science fiction holiday romance set in the same universe as Melody's Taurean Warriors Series.

Buy






SALES / FREE STORIES




Debbie Johansson
Are you interested in a quick, creepy read over a hot cuppa? 

Two flash fiction stories are free on Debbie's website

Forever Autumn





The Lake House








To Catch a Fae
Book 1, Winter's Thorn
Mila Young
.99c for a limited time!


First, I fell in love with a man I wasn’t sure existed outside of my own head.






The Kingdom of Shadows
Helen Walton
Free read!


Rumpelstilskin twisted fairytale retelling.   






Soul Cursed
Book 2, Gods Cursed
Leisl Leighton
99c until the end of August


A soul cursed, a love discovered, an evil unbound ...




~~~
Congratulations to our DarkSiders! 
Happy reading everyone. Be safe & well. 


Next on the DarkSider News: New Releases & Sales, Part 2!



No comments:

Post a Comment

check out all our books on our dsdu-books shelf:
DarkSide DownUnder's book lists (dsdu-books shelf)