2024 COVERS

2024 covers

Welcome to the Dark Side!

We are writers mainly from Australia and New Zealand who write speculative fiction with romantic elements. Be it fantasy, paranormal, dark urban fantasy, futuristic and everything in between.

Saturday 20 December 2014

Enchanted Orb with Dani Kristoff

 

 
Our Enchanted Orb post today is with Dani Kristoff, reader and writer of paranormal romance and who is sharing the magic of inspiration behind her writing.

Dani Kristoff: The magic of inspiration


There are elements to inspiration that are not easy to corral when you want them. 

There is an idea, the spark of something that can evolve into a story (or an artwork, poem, designer cake, hat, dress…you name it).

Then there is the time and the energy and the skill. Magically these all have to work together to make inspiration work, to give an idea form.

The best part of the magic of inspiration is when all these come together. There’s an idea, there’s the time, energy and skill and you hum along and get a buzz.

It’s not only with writing do I get this inspirational feeling. I make hats, or try to. And it creates a high, I think, when it comes together as you imagine it.

I’ve dabbled in cake decorating too. I really needed to have an idea, some inspiration to create a design. I find that comes from the same place as story ideas, or maybe it’s the time factor. I really haven’t had much inspiration to decorate cakes lately. Not since I’ve been published. I do have the inspiration to eat them though. (the evidence is hard to disguise!)

I believe my problem with cakes though is skill. I want to take more classes and haven’t been able to because the teacher I want to teach me has been ill. So stay tuned on the cake front.

Sometimes inspiration comes is waves and there’s too much write. It can be distracting to have too many ideas and not enough time. Perhaps this is a type of hyperactivity I need to take medication for. Mmmm. Anyway, this is where note taking can work very well. Gone are the days when I remembered everything and carried it around in my head for years! Now I’m diving to a notebook or my iPhone to jot that thought down before it skitters away into the darkness. It’s scary how quickly those fab ideas disappear- like seconds. Fleeting inspiration perhaps.

But when all the elements come together there is something magical in that. I’m currently drafting a novel and it’s very much a discovery for me. I sort of know in my head how the story goes, but it’s the act of writing, the act of discovery that’s awe inspiring. I seem to be writing so I know what happens next, so I can see and feel how my characters react. It’s like the process is external to me.

Ah that it! It’s the magic of writing inspires me.

Dani's latest release is: The Sorcerer's Spell.

Blurb

A sexy, body-switching urban fantasy. Annwyn goes to bed dreaming of making love with her dead husband and wakes up in the body of another woman, a woman who is having hot sex with Dane, a powerful sorcerer. Her body has been stolen by Nira, a sorceress, who feeds her magical power through sex, the kinkier the better. The curse she laid on Dane turns him into a werewolf every full moon. To complicate matters Dane's werewolf friend Rolf, succumbs to Nira when she temporarily repossess her body, causing jealously and confusion. Time is running out, as soon Dane will be a werewolf forever unless he can break the curse. Rafael from the Collegium of Sorcerers is the only one Dane trusts to help them, but when a wider conspiracy is revealed, it's up to Annwyn and her developing magical powers to save Dane before it's too late. But can she seduce an unwilling werewolf to lure the sorceress into a final confrontation?
Buy Links for The Sorcerer's Spell:

Amazon AU | iBookstore | Nook
Where to connect with Dani:
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

check out all our books on our dsdu-books shelf:
DarkSide DownUnder's book lists (dsdu-books shelf)