2024 COVERS

Lawless In Leather
Winterfall Destiny
Mated to the sapphic orc
Fae's Fate
Broken: A Romantic Science Fiction Eco Adventure
Wolf's Prize
Knightqueen
Wicked Ways
Unbreak My Heart
Curiosity Killed the Vampire
From Across the Sea
Angel In Armani
Edge of Night
The Witch's Tangle
Three Vampires And A Baby
Banshee, Death and Disarray: Holly Harrow: A Point Muse Cozy Paranormal Mystery
Damaris: A Scifi Alien Romance
The Shattered Court
Moon Blessed
Falling for Mr. Fake It

2024 covers

Welcome to the Dark Side!

We are writers mainly from Australia and New Zealand who write speculative fiction with romantic elements. Be it fantasy, paranormal, dark urban fantasy, futuristic and everything in between.

Thursday 13 June 2024

Magic Thursday: Happiness with Cathleen Ross!

 



I go weekly to a meditation class where my teacher, Michelle, trains people who are psychic to hone their skills. It’s a wonderful, safe class where Michelle has always been able to guide us and give advice to the big questions as to what happens on the other side. 


When I turned up to class a few weeks ago, Michelle’s chair was empty. I asked where she was only to discover our beautiful and wise teacher had passed away. I can hear you all thinking that I should have known that but what I do after class is close myself right down, so that I can’t receive anything. 


When people die, they don’t always pass straight over. Usually, they attend their own funeral before they go to the other side. At my teacher’s funeral, my body filled with pride as Michelle’s daughters’ spoke about how special their mother was and how they had to share her with the community because of her special gifts. My throat felt full. I knew it wasn’t my own pride. Everyone’s energy signature feels different just as people are different. Michelle was like a wise woman, a good friend, and a mother at the same time. 


Once some of our shock and grief at Michelle’s loss had passed, it was wonderful to learn that our class was strong enough to continue with our meditation practice without Michelle being present. Of course, it wasn’t as simple as that. It never is. We were doing an exercise where we had to pick a flower, put it in a paper bag and then put the bag in a pile at the front of the room. Then we had to pick up the bag and do a reading off the flower. In the past, I’ve been able to read for people when holding a piece of their jewellery, not by holding a flower. I was a bit worried about doing this because when I’m reading for people, it’s like my body is a vessel and I have no filter. I can say anything.


Just a short segue to explain what this is like. I was once in a pub with a group of friends. My male friend who is very scientific, who was sitting on my right, asked me to read for him. I’d done it in the past and he’d always asked me about his business interests. I had always been right even though I know nothing about his business. I would just say what I could foresee. This time however, a scene opened up in front of me. I was in a brothel in the Middle East. A prostitute was putting on her makeup preparing for her client, who was my friend. His wife was sitting oblivious on my left and side. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place. Since then, I’ve always been careful to read for friends in a private space.



The flower reading for class opened up a question for me. What if I saw something private and it came out with no filter in front of everyone? The class members told me to get up anyway and do the flower reading. There’s no mercy from this seasoned lot. 


Could energy be transmitted by a flower? I’d never done it that way. So, with some trepidation, I took one of the bags and a flower. The energy from the flower travelled up my right arm and into my heart. I was immediately in a scene of love with young children looking at up me with adoration. The message was that the person had such a loving heart that this was the reason so many children loved her in return. That this woman would never have a lonely day in her life and she would always be remembered for her kindness. I also recognised the energy signature out of the twenty people sitting in the class. This lady is a devoted grandmother. One of the little grandsons has the gift of genius which will reveal itself in time. The lady in question said it was her when I held up the flower she has chosen and I was grateful to sit, glad my message had been an easy one to pass on.


But the loveliest thing was I felt Michelle’s energy signature too in my throat, guiding me. She was saying how proud she was of our group, and I realised that even though our teacher had crossed over, she was happy to still guide us as she had in life. That to her, we were like her children and she was committed to developing us.



Cathleen Ross’s latest release is An Unsuitable Bride, a historical novel set in the Blue Mountains in 1918.


It’s 1918, the war’s nearly over and people are looking for fun. Anna Hall is delighted when her wealthy, older fiancé, Max Elliot invites her on a holiday to the Hunting Lodge in the beautiful Megalong Valley, Blue Mountains. But once there, she finds everything is not as it seems. Everyone has secrets and she soon finds herself entangled in a dangerous web of lies and deception.

Anna has a secret too but she cannot admit it for fear of vilification.

Max has a secret that will destroy Anna’s life, only he’s not prepared to tell her until he’s had his fun with her.

Jack-of-all-trades at the Hunting Lodge, Thomas Rutherford, has three secrets. He’s fallen for Anna, knows the real story as to why her fiancé, Max can’t marry her; he also doesn’t wish to admit he has shellshock and can no longer work as a doctor.

But the worst secret of all is how did Max’s last fiancée, Cora Hanson die?

Will Anna be next?



She also has The Count’s Amnesiac Wife on sale for .99 cents.

Count Lorenzo di Fontini doesn't want his ex-wife back. After all, he's been separated from her for a year, but he vows to her ailing father he will take her in after she collapses, and look after her until she is better. The trouble is Sophia has developed amnesia. Imagine Lorenzo's surprise when he finds out she thinks she's eighteen and she adores him. Although she can't recall getting married, she claims marrying him is all she's ever dreamed of.

Sophia Carino has never wanted anyone else except for Lorenzo di Fontini but fresh out of hospital, she certainly doesn't expect to find out that she's married to him. After all, she's only just left school and is still a virgin, isn't she?

When Lorenzo confesses they are separated, he won't tell her why she left him. What secret is he hiding from her?

And if he's so keen to accept their marriage is a failure why is the sex the best she's ever had?

Buy



Cathleen Ross

Cathleen Ross likes to write about the quirky side of life. Her characters often have psychic abilities because she comes from a family of psychics. She thought she was a "Sweet" writer until she was asked to write her first erotic story, sold it immediately and never looked back. Her first novel, Man Hunt sold to Black Lace/Random House. Man Hunt became the number one best selling erotic novel on the Publisher's website in 2006 and has been translated into German. She also loves writing historical stories. Highlander is the first in her Highlander Forbidden Fantasy series. When she is not self publishing she writes for Entangled Publishing. 

You can find Cathleen at her website.



No comments:

Post a Comment

check out all our books on our dsdu-books shelf:
DarkSide DownUnder's book lists (dsdu-books shelf)