2024 COVERS

2024 covers

Welcome to the Dark Side!

We are writers mainly from Australia and New Zealand who write speculative fiction with romantic elements. Be it fantasy, paranormal, dark urban fantasy, futuristic and everything in between.

Thursday 14 July 2022

Magic Thursday: Writing Stubborn Cyborgs with Marie Dry!

 


First before I talk about my cyborgs I want to thank the Darksiders for hosting me on their blog.

Each and every cyborg movie I have ever watched or book I read about cyborgs shows them agonizing over whether they have a soul. I decided to go the other way. Of course these cyborgs let me know in no uncertain terms who was in charge of this story. They will agonize over their souls and they will be very demanding about getting one. I might be the teller of this story, but they have spoken. Amukkan, the hero of Amukkan's Prize, the third book in the Tunrian Cyborgs series, decided to throw me a bone. He doesn't want a soul and he won't change his mind. That's what he thought  anyway. I loved seeing him cope and change to deal with his own human and her daughter.

The space ship in this series is organic and almost sentient and I had a big plot problem churning in the back of my mind for the fifth book. I've been thinking about it for about a year. This time it was the bleeping cyborg ship that decided to lay down the rules. So out went my complicated solution and down on the page went what this, not even totally sentient ship, wanted to happen. That is the interesting life of a writer. I wish I could tell more about Amukkan's Prize and the other books in the series that are taking shape in my head. I have bits of it written down already.






But for now look out for Amukkan's Prize on November 7.

Did she run from one monster into the arms of a bigger monster?

On the run to keep her four-year-old daughter safe from her monstrous ex, Marysol is determined to never again marry, never trust again, never love again. The last thing she expected was to be kidnapped by a cyborg who claims to be the cook on the spaceship.

But something must be seriously wrong with her because the more she gets to know Amukkan, the more she sees a lonely man instead of a dangerous cyborg. But would this handsome gentle giant who loves to cook, turn into the sort of monster her ex did once he knew he had her?

Could he be something more sinister than a cook?


Pre-Order 



Marie Dry


Ever since she can remember Marie Dry wanted to travel. She lived in Zambia, Morocco and Spain and did short stints in Tunisia, Zimbabwe, Rome, Brazil, Portugal, Botswana and Mozambique. Through all the travelling reading romance has been a constant.

There are several wonderful moments in her life that she would never trade for anything. One of them is meeting President Nelson Mandela and the second being published.

Visit Marie's website



No comments:

Post a Comment

check out all our books on our dsdu-books shelf:
DarkSide DownUnder's book lists (dsdu-books shelf)