2024 COVERS

2024 covers

Welcome to the Dark Side!

We are writers mainly from Australia and New Zealand who write speculative fiction with romantic elements. Be it fantasy, paranormal, dark urban fantasy, futuristic and everything in between.

Friday 20 December 2019

Magic Thursday: The Devil Worshipper

with Cathleen Ross


It seems somehow fitting that as I drive up today to Blackheath in the Blue Mountains that the area is on fire because that is the place where I first met the devil worshipper. 

So let me take you back a few steps so you can see how it came about.

Next to Blackheath train station lies a sweet little shop where a lovely blond woman made beautiful medieval outfits. I liked to potter there, dreaming about medieval creations, except when I went in this time the energy had changed. My psychic side recognised it before I did. It didn’t feel right. Amongst the medieval gown were small, dark, Gothic gargoyle and dragon statues, and then I saw him. Radiating demonic energy, the man was over six foot, with a huge beard and large belly. Something about our energy recognised each other. He turned to face me.

Now I know another psychic when I see one but in those days, I hadn’t been trained to put up my psychic shield. Instead, I pretended not to see him, turned my back and left, my head full of images of a giant slab, a naked woman lying on it and people dressed in hoods. It was sexual and sadistic and the devil worshipper was looking for another victim.

I returned to Sydney, keen to put distance between us, but we all know that physical distance is not the same as psychic distance, right?

Source: Deposit Photos
That night in deep sleep, he came again, looking for me. He had the ability to scry and he had found me safely tucked up in my bed. I shut him out immediately, roared at him, swore at him for invading my privacy and closed down his energy. I can be quite fierce in my mind.

A couple of weeks later in Blackheath, I noticed the shop had closed but the lovely woman who ran it had opened up on the other side of the road. However, the door was locked. I had to buzz to get in. Gone were the statues, but the energy had turned to one of terror. I asked the woman what had happened and she told me a man had come in with a knife and had robbed her. I knew he was connected to the devil worshipper. I also knew the devil worshipper had seduced her in order to get his pamphlets and statues into her shop but of course, I couldn’t say that.

When I asked her about the devil worshipper, she admitted to the affair but she was terrified of him.  All she would say was, “I’m only interested in the costumes.”

She was too frightened to speak, but I knew so much more lurked beneath the surface.


~~~~
Cathleen's latest release is Rough and Ready (Book 2, Outlaw Warriors)

Before special ops soldier Hugo Boudreaux can move on, he has one last thing to do–fulfill a wartime debt to the friend who saved his life. He must infiltrate a vicious Louisiana MC club to stop their next illegal weapons shipment and send the president to jail. What he didn’t plan on was ending up an unwilling bodyguard to the man’s daughter–innocent and attractive nurse Alice Kaintuck.

Alice wants a normal life with a nice guy. But her rough-edged bodyguard is the sexiest man she's ever met. Suddenly she can’t stop thinking about just how hot he makes her. Before she knows it, she’s tumbling into his muscular arms…though she'll be damned if she'll fall in love with a man as dangerous as her father. Only Hugo doesn’t make love, he consumes her and turns her life upside down with his carnal, erotic sex. Dreams of nice guys vanish when her enemy becomes her obsession…



Cathleen Ross likes to write about the quirky side of life. Her characters often have psychic abilities because she comes from a family of psychics. She thought she was a "Sweet" writer until she was asked to write her first erotic story, sold it immediately and never looked back. Her first novel, Man Hunt sold to Black Lace/Random House. Man Hunt became the number one best selling erotic novel on the Publisher's website in 2006 and has been translated into German. She is published with Harlequin Spice and Harlequin’s Escape publishing line as well as Entangled Publishing.

You can find Cathleen at her website: cathleenross.com 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Cathleen. That the guy was able to infiltrate your sleep is scary. Though it's not something anyone would wish to dwell on have you ever thought about writing a story about it? Would be a very powerful scene to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny I haven't because it's kindof normal in my world. I'm very quick to defend my dream turf and get rid of any dark energy. Good idea though.

    ReplyDelete

check out all our books on our dsdu-books shelf:
DarkSide DownUnder's book lists (dsdu-books shelf)