2024 COVERS

2024 covers

Welcome to the Dark Side!

We are writers mainly from Australia and New Zealand who write speculative fiction with romantic elements. Be it fantasy, paranormal, dark urban fantasy, futuristic and everything in between.

Thursday 6 February 2014

Magic Thursday: The Wolf Within

with M.J. Scott


Some books just won’t leave you alone. The Wolf Within was one of those. It was in a hurry to be written and so write it I did. But it didn’t sell straight away and I wrote other books (including book 2 of the trilogy) while we were trying to and then I sold my Half-Light City series and I thought Wolf had just missed its chance. But the characters kept popping up and nagging at me, so eventually I decided to release it into the wild and see what happened.

It’s a bit different to the Half-Light books, being true urban fantasy but hopefully if you like the Half-Light heroines you’ll like Ashley and her troubles with vampires and werewolves and a past that just won’t leave her alone!





The Wolf Within

Vampires, werewolves, warring couples. And that’s just the day job. Ashley Keenan is a normal girl in a world that’s left normal behind. She just wants to keep her head down and try to have a life. But she hadn't counted on the reappearance of Daniel Gibson, ex-lover, now a werewolf and the man she’s never quite forgotten, even if she can’t bring herself to date a supernatural. Worse, he’s back because the vampire who killed her parents just might be coming after her. It's a fight to guard her heart and her life and sometimes to survive you have to learn to love your inner monster...




~~~
Visit M.J. on at her website | blog | TwitterFacebook

 

3 comments:

  1. You've intrigued me with the blurb, M.J. I'm not really into shape shifters but you have piqued my interest. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Enisa : ) If you give it a go, I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved the Half-Light books, so I will definitely be purchasing a copy of this book as well.

    ReplyDelete

check out all our books on our dsdu-books shelf:
DarkSide DownUnder's book lists (dsdu-books shelf)