2024 COVERS

2024 covers

Welcome to the Dark Side!

We are writers mainly from Australia and New Zealand who write speculative fiction with romantic elements. Be it fantasy, paranormal, dark urban fantasy, futuristic and everything in between.

Thursday 30 January 2014

Magic Thursday—Temptation in a Bottle

Boyfriend in a Bottle was the second novella I wrote and the second story of mind to sell (it was written during my GFC redundancy when I decided to write a novella every couple of weeks so I could work on characterization, plotting and structure).

I had such fun with that story that I planned to go back and write another in the same world. It took several years but I did.

Temptation in a Bottle is set in the same world but is stand alone. The only thing the two books have in common is that the heroes are genies…well slightly more than genies because they were created by the Goddess Inanna for women’s pleasure (something only a Goddess of Love would do).

So there’s hot guys in bottle just waiting to be freed to serve your every lusty desire…why did it take me so long to write another?

Well, I sold the Goblin King trilogy and two of those books weren’t written, plus there were deadlines and one year became two and then three. But the ideas for more sexy genies were there so I jotted them down determined that I would come back to them. I think I have a dozen ideas now. They may not all get written but now that I’m writing full time I’d like to write another couple.

Usually my stories are quite dark and the characters are tortured and angsty. The In a Bottle stories are a little lighter, the romance is a faster and more of a whirlwind (which is what I look for in a novella, something short and sweet with a HEA, but still with enough punch to make me care).

Temptation in a Bottle is my first new self-published story (An Elemental Tail was a re-release). I hope you enjoy it :)

Temptation in a Bottle
His only wish is to be free…
For centuries Gage has existed only to fulfill the most intimate desires of the woman who holds his bottle. Now Gage has a wish of his own—to be a real man and a have a real life even though he knows it’s an impossible dream. This time he plans to take his bottle and break it just to see what will happen.

Paramedic Sasha Watts has seen the damage falling in love does to people and she had no intention of being another of Cupid’s victims. She accidentally frees Gage without knowing what he is. After one kiss he walks away and she never expects to see him again, but the goddess Inanna has other ideas.

As punishment for breaking his bottle she erases Gage’s memory of everything but Sasha. Only Sasha can give him the life he longs for and only Gage can be the man she’s always dreamed of, but first she’ll have to open her heart and he’ll have to finish the job Inanna gave him. If he fails, he’ll cease to exist.





Buy links:
iTunes
All Romance ebooks
Kindle
Nook

No comments:

Post a Comment

check out all our books on our dsdu-books shelf:
DarkSide DownUnder's book lists (dsdu-books shelf)