2024 COVERS

2024 covers

Welcome to the Dark Side!

We are writers mainly from Australia and New Zealand who write speculative fiction with romantic elements. Be it fantasy, paranormal, dark urban fantasy, futuristic and everything in between.

Friday 5 September 2014

Real Life Paranormal with Mel Teshco



Ghostly Encounters?


In my early twenties I lived in the Lake Macquarie area, and worked at two liquorstax bottle shops – one in Dora Creek (an old ramshackle chook-shed-lookalike that is now pulled down) and one in Morisset.  I had ghostly experiences at both these shops. 

The first experience was in Morisset. I’d walked outside from the cold shop into the warm morning sun, and when I turned around, where the sun streamed into the shop was a shadowy man. His features and everything were obvious even though you could see through him. It was as though the suns rays revealed his form. He didn’t move, just stood there right near the fridges. I’m not sure how long he stayed there, but I didn’t gawp too long, just got on with my work and chalked it up to seeing things – even though I had more than one customer get the shivers and tell me they thought someone was behind them. When I told a co-worker offhandedly about what I saw, she was so relieved as she thought she was going crazy – she’d seen him too. I’m guessing he’s a resident ghost as the manager at the time worked after hours doing bookwork and heard doors slamming when there were none to be slammed.

My Dora Creek experience was vastly different. I worked alone at this bottle shop at night, very rarely with another worker (unless it was crazy busy on a Friday and Saturday night). I’d closed the whole shop up and was balancing the till. I was actually crouched down and putting money into the safe when my whole body prickled with alarm and I sensed someone behind me (trust in those senses!) I had no other thought other than that someone had broken in. Except when I turned around, in the doorway of my little room was a tall white form, slightly see through with no visible features – but definitely a human form. It was as though it was draped in a long, shining white cloth.
When it finally faded away (I have no idea of how long that was two seconds or twenty!)  I set the alarm and I was out of there. Nothing balanced. Money thrown into the safe. Books half done.
To this day I have no idea why it appeared behind me. But I’d like to think that maybe there was a reason for my getting out of that shop earlier (we had to step out from the shop into darkness – the safety factor was zero).

 ~ ~ ~



On the first night of each full moon, werewolves cannot resist the calling—the instinctual need to mate.
Living a double life has never been difficult for Holly, but in her world, if her species is to survive, all she can look forward to is down-and-dirty, uninhibited sex with a different partner each month. She has never had reason to complain though. Until now.

She’s fallen for Ricky Mandela, her hot, sexy, human lover. Holly can’t pretend she has a chance at a family and happily ever after. Those are human dreams. But she can’t give him up either. Will she have to lie and cheat to hold on to the man she loves?






 
Available from Amazon and other e-retailers for .99c

Mel Teshco's gypsy-like upbringing saw her living in many places along Australia's east coast. Each new home stimulated an already over-active imagination, where she spent as much time dreaming about fantasy worlds as the real world - the fantasy sometimes being much better.
Now living in (claustrophobic) suburbia while building on a rural property to keep her two horses, four cats and one hyperactive Belgian shepherd happy, she is (mostly) happily married with an ever hopeful husband (he'd love to retire), three children of wide-spread ages and two grandchildren.
She is a multi-published author with a love for the written word along with a short attention span that sees her juggling a wide variety of genres and heat levels in her stories. From contemporary to paranormal, inspirational to erotic, she hopes there's a little of something for every reader out there to enjoy. With too many stories in her head to keep up with, there will be many more books to come.

You can find her website at
http://www.melteshco.com/
http://melteshco.blogspot.com.au/
https://www.facebook.com/mel.teshco
https://twitter.com/melteshco

You can email her at: melteshco@yahoo.com.au


2 comments:

  1. Whoa, that gave me the shivers, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it Christina - it gave me the chills at the time! LOL

    ReplyDelete

check out all our books on our dsdu-books shelf:
DarkSide DownUnder's book lists (dsdu-books shelf)